Tuesday, December 22, 2015

I Knew

I knew.
I knew when I caught a glance of you dancing by the bar.
I knew when I grabbed your hand and you fell into me so easily.
I knew when you pressed your lips against mine with the perfect amount of pressure.
I knew when you smiled at me for the first time and ran your hand through your bright red hair.
I knew when you texted me back right away.
I knew when you walked into the malt shop.
I knew when I asked you "would you rather...".

I knew when you kept telling me you were busy.
I knew when you stopped texting me back.
I knew when I came over and it felt like a one night stand.
I knew when you said you were studying but then I ran into you at the bar.
I knew when I asked you to dance and you said no.
I knew when you agreed we needed to talk.
I knew when I sat awkwardly next to you, speechless.
I knew when I left your apartment on the verge of tears.
I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment