Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Dandelion Seed

I was a dandelion seed dancing with the sky. You were the soil that helped me grow.
I was the sparkle in a child's eyes.  You were fingertips gliding across a banjo.
I was skydiving, mountain climbing, flying.  You were my ankle brace and my sling.

I was Boo. You were Sully.
I was the car that didn't check their blind spot.

I am huddling in a corner, while you are playing with your brand new dolls inside a fancy, new dollhouse.
I am that dog whimpering and gazing into the camera as Sarah McLachlan plays in the background. You are squash, guac, and broccoli served with all the options from the pop machine.
I am red faced, ears spewing steam. You don't know the difference between "their", "they're" and "there".
I am the pail that catches the puddles of tears my mother cries.  You are her tear ducts. A black cloud constantly hovering.  The voice in her head telling her she isn't worth anything.
I am a dandelion seed dancing in the sky. You are the soil that stunted my growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment